With WeChat user figures now approaching 900 Million – yes, that’s right, 900 Million users! That’s almost 3 times the population of the US! It’s no surprise that a number of Western companies have been utilising WeChat to tap into the Chinese market.
Equally, the number of brands with official accounts is also at staggering levels (well over 12 million), therefore how to create standout amongst the WeChat noise ?
There are some obvious things you can do to promote your account, such as putting your WeChat QR code on key comms, creating interesting, regular articles, using KOPs, running competitions etc, however, how can you really own your brand within WeChat? One of the ways is to create a WeChat mobile site A.K.A a WeChat Mini-Site, here are some of the reasons why your brand can benefit from a WeChat Mini-Site:
- Your branded content organised in an aesthetically pleasing template, simple for users to understand and use.
- A way to house content including striking imagery, offers, videos and targeted copy in Mandarin.
- The Mini-Site will be bilingual with two entry points – for Mandarin and English – some of your customers will be comfortable with the English version.
- Non-Mandarin speaking Marketing Managers have more control since all the content is in English and Mandarin so original content and changes can be created in English and then translated into Mandarin.
- Chinese people are comfortable using Mini-Sites, they have come to expect content to be available and organised in this way.
- “Accounts are all the same” was the reason 50% of people gave for unfollowing official accounts. Make yours stand out.
- Your Chinese audience already know how to use WeChat Mini-Sites and will be more likely to use/buy from their company if they have a QR code posted in their window.
- A WeChat account provides you with a free channel to send out content informing of discounts, offers, exclusive events and updates and content organised in a Mini-Site gives your brand a stronger presence in the channel.
- Accounts with a Mini-Site are more likely to be shared amongst friends, family and fellow travellers whilst visiting the UK.
- The DongXi Marketing Mini-Site template is industry standard for businesses that want to utilize WeChat as a communication platform
The list goes on, you might be thinking, that all sounds great but our WeChat budget won’t stretch to a bespoke mobile site… DongXi Marketing can help, we’ve developed a robust, well designed template which can be customised for your business. Get in touch today for a dedicated proposal…